Terms and conditions
Out of respect for the visitors of our site, © Fascination of Plants Day has developed this Web Privacy Statement so that you understand which information we collect, use, share and how we protect that information.
Information that we collect
Whenever you visit our website, we will collect some information from you automatically. In general, we collect this Personally Identifiable Information (PII) so that we can build a better relationship with you, our visitor. In addition, ©Fascination of Plants Day is able to enrich that data through means such as cookies or third-party services such as Google Analytics.
We will collect the following information automatically, and other voluntarily:
- IP Address
- The date and time of your visit
- The pages your visited
We will collect the following information voluntarily:
- Your contact information (name, e-mail address and phone number, if provided)
- All the other information provided by you via “Submit event” form
- Compile data about site traffic to offer a better website experience
- Understand and save visitor preferences for future visits
Uses of the information that we collect
We do not collect PII for sale to third parties. PII provided to us via our website will only be used for the purposes for which it was provided to us at the moment of collection. These reasons can be:
- To improve the Website experience for all visitors
- To understand the demographics of our website visitors
Third-party disclosure of the information that we collect
We do not sell or otherwise trade the Private Information that we collect from our site visitors at any point or under any circumstance. We would have to share that information with government and other agencies where if required by law. When we share such information, we ensure that the third parties with whom we share have policies and controls in place that are at least as stringent as our own.
Storage time of collected data
The storage period of your PII will be limited to the time required for the purposes for which it was collected.
© Fascination of Plants Day shall allow an individual to access their PII and permit the individual to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information. Unless the cost of providing access would be disproportionate to the privacy risks of the individual in the case in question, or where the rights of other persons would be violated by permitting access to such information.
How we protect the information that we collect
At © Fascination of Plants Day only authorized personnel is able to access confidential or personal information we collect. These employees have signed a confidentiality agreement. The protection of the information that we collect from our site visitors is of the utmost importance to us and we take every reasonable measure to ensure protection from loss, theft, misuse or destruction including:
- We keep automatically collected data and voluntarily collected data separate at all times
- We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption wherever we capture voluntarily provided information
- We use internal encryption on all data stores that house voluntarily captured data
- We store voluntarily captured data for no longer than needed to perform the purpose it was collected for.
We may modify and/or update this Privacy Statement and so encourage you to check back on a regular basis to determine if any changes have been made. This policy was last updated on: 22nd January 2019.
Children are vulnerable, hence we want to protect them and avoid the collection of children‘s data under the age of 16 without parental consent.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy while using this website, please direct them to plantday [at] epsomail.org.