“2019 Fascination of Plants Day (Hunan province in China)”held by Hunan Agricultural University was officially launched at Chang’an practice base of Hunan Agricultural University on May 18,2019. The theme of this activity was “Plant Sciences & Agriculture Development”.
The main activities including
- Ceremony: Introducing the background and significance of this activity.
- Lectures on popular science: “Talking about seawater rice “.
- Subject signature on “Plant Sciences & Agriculture Development “
- Experience Tea-picking and tea-making，and then watching tea art performance.
- Go sightseeing horticultural plants in Chang’an practice base, such as tea plants, grapevines, Kiwi fruit trees, pear trees, peach trees and so on
More than 80 people participated in the activity on that day.
Tour on and around campus to observe and admire so that protect the ecosystem.
Capturing and enjoying the vibrant colors of on campus plant species
These are students who will go out to the world in couple of weeks after graduation. They are pledging to go and plant a plant a year and protect it to grow.
A science popularization activity themed with Where Does Our Food Come From?, Lilliputian World in Intestinal System & Big Factory in Cells, and A Talk on Caterpillar: From eating apple to Making Spider Silk was held in the Institute of Plant Physiology and Ecology, SIBS, CAS on May 18. On the same day, an activity of Lab Open Day, involving 18 scientist labs and over 300 primary and high school students, was also carried out.
On May 20, 2019, students from the Primary School of Shanghai International Studies University, Xiwai International School experienced extracting DNA from plants and making specimens of plants, and learned about knowledge related to rainforest plants at Shanghai Center for Plant Stress Biology, right where they realized their dreams of working as a little botanist.